B2B Appointment Setting – Tips & Tools
Cold calling is not something many people are comfortable doing. In this blog post, I’ll share the ways you can succeed in arranging B2B sales appointments during the Covid-19 pandemic fallout.
Arranging good B2B sales appointments is a tall task that most people despise, and it is particularly tricky when calling during the Covid-19 shutdown. You will hear responses like, “Don’t you know what is going on?” or “Now is not a good time to look at anything new.”
I will address this dilemma later on.
To do it right is to understand its basic principles and processes. First off, cold calling is not something many people are comfortable doing. Without proper training and the right mindset, an appointment setter can easily give up, and become frustrated. Being proficient at appointment setting requires far more than speaking on the phone and reciting a script. Below are some tips on how to arrange B2B sales appointments and build a pipeline for Q3 and Q4.
Tips, Tools, Structure, and Goals
1. Acquire the tools.
Carpenters need tools to perform their jobs, and the same holds for appointment setting.
You will need the following:
• Quiet work environment, especially if working from home
• Headsets are necessary for hands-free CRM recording and clear voice communication. Most decent headsets today offer a noise-canceling feature to lessen background sound.
• Well-written scripts are essential. Keep them short and to the point. After all, you are intruding on someone during their workdays. Always ask permission to take the prospects time, and if you say, “May I have three minutes?”, keep it to three minutes.
• CRM Systems for list management is necessary. Choose one with a click feature for easy and fast phone dialing.
• Acquire new data from a reputable B2B list provider; avoid getting ripped off. (Discover.org is my personal favorite.)
• Align with a VoIP Carrier and utilize a Softphone system. I recommend softphones for better integration with your PC. Softphones are a piece of software that allows the user to make telephone calls over the Internet via a computer. (Ring Central or Zoom offers this service.)
• Lastly, you need to dial 200 to 300 calls per day, with the primary goal of arranging two to four qualified leads per week. Most inside sales people never crack 80 calls in a day.
2. Create structure.
Formulating a mindset creates structure. Whether you work from home or the office, dress professionally for work, especially when working from home. Wearing your PJ’s all day does not put you in the same professional mindset as the people you are calling.
• Create a schedule and get to your desk on time.
• Open all of your programs, being sure to check your calendar and email first.
• Take five-minute breaks at least every 60-minutes, especially if you are sitting. Alternatively, utilize a standing desk, which allows you to take fewer breaks, with the bonus that you will feel less fatigued once you get used to using it.
• Don’t be a clock watcher. Come in early and stay late periodically. The goal is to speak to a prospect at a convenient time. Between 5:00 PM and 5:45 PM can be an excellent time to dial. Admins go home, and the prospect’s day is over. People tend to be more relaxed.
3. Set goals.
Without goals and structure, your foray into B2B appointment setting will not be successful.
• Track the gross number of phone calls and emails placed each day, including hangups and how many people you contacted. Use a recording device when possible, and review the phone calls that did not go well. Ask a colleague to critique the call or several calls to get a fresh perspective on your pitch and delivery.
• Set personal goals, such as the number of outbound phone calls and the number of emails sent. Track your time in and out of the office. Without goals and a substantial time commitment, you will fail.
• Lastly, arranging a qualified sales appointment is the goal. Strive for one meeting per day. People that average three to four qualified sales appointments each week are in an elite class. When you achieve numbers like this, you are bringing real value to your organization and management will take notice.
|Target State: All States|
Target City : All Cities
Last Update : 19 December 2022 7:40 PM
Number of Views: 65
|Item Owner : More Meetings|
Contact Phone: 508-594-9743
|Friendly reminder: Click here to read some tips.|